Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Sunday, April 10, 2011

On Good Reviews

Hey Blogger Buds,
I've recently noticed that there's some buzz about the excellent reviews on some blogs, and certain questions arising about them. Besides for the fact that most of my books I choose to review, I want to clear up any question that someone may have.
I do write positive reviews. I do rate books well. I ranted about a certain book once here on the blog, and a different book I've brought up several times in a not-so-positive light. And I regret that. Because I'm more than just a reader. I'm a writer. I know how hard it is to write a book. And though a negative review may help a reader, "criticism" without "constructive" before it is useless. I point out flaws in books. But I dislike writing negative, ranty reviews.
I don't tell you guys what not to read, but I do tell you what you should.

Because you know?

Writing a book is hard.

Peace,
Riv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!