Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

FAQs Or: Some Questions That Give Me a Bigger Ego

Now, I haven't gotten a single question yet, but doing this makes me feel good :)

Q: Who are you?
A: A teenager low on sleep and high on books.

Q: What do you blog about?
A: Books, mostly. Usually fantasy. I'll also have some good reads to tell you about, and, when I get my hands on ARCs, I'm going to have book reviews exclusively for followers. Isn't that awesome?

Q: Speaking of awesome, how are you so cool?
A: It's natural.

Q: Do you have any giveaways, contests, or book tours?
A: Unfortunately, I'm nothing more than a broke teenager. I'll be giving away blog awards, having blog featuring contests, and I might in the future be giving away things small enough to fit in a 49 cent (or whatever postage is these days) envelop. That means pictures, bookmarks, and whatever else I can come up with with my aforementioned awesomeness.

Q: Can I quote you?
A: Knock yourself out, but please link back to me if it's my own quote.

Q: Can I interview you?
A: I'm flattered. If you feel so inclined, just shoot me an e-mail. rivkarno1(at)hotmail(dot)com. (Except replace with @ and .)

Q: I'm an author/publisher. Will you read and review my book?
A: I'd love to. If you want me to review your ARC, just shoot me an e-mail, giving me some basic information, like the genre, official release date, title, author, and publisher. And include a brief synopsis too, please. As much as I love free books, I don't want to take your ARC if it's a genre I'm not interested in and I'm just going to let it sit on my pile for a year before giving it an awful review. For example, I don't like heavy romance. For example, no books titled, "Lovely Sweet Maiden" or "Intense Relationships" or "Vampire/(Non)Werewolf/Tasty-Human Love Triangle". (Feel free to use one of those titles in your next YA sparkly vampire romance novel.)(Er, the "sparkly vampire" bit was only referring to that last title.)
You get my drift. Feel free to e-mail me.

Q: I'm a reader, and I'm considering getting a certain book, but I'm not sure. Since I value your opinion, will you review a book I request?
A: I'll consider it. Aside from the right genre, the book has to be available in my library. Once again, e-mail me.

Q: Will you look at my blog?
A: Send me a link and I'll take a peak.

Q: Will you read my WIP, unpublished MS?
A: Yes, I will, but you should know that if your book isn't published either by yourself or through a publisher, you have no copyright and it can be stolen.

Q: I noticed that you have two WIPs. Eberheardt and Payment in Blood. What are they?
A: I will have a page on them soon. Currently there is none.

Q: Your WIPs sound good. Can I read one?
A: No. Copyright issues.

Q: I have a computer problem. Can you help?
A: I'm a techy, but nothing major. Ask away if you really want to.

Q: Can you help me make a book trailer?
A: I can try. First tip: use Windows Movie Maker, unless it freezes every five minutes or has messed up sound (like yours truly's WMM).


Q: You're favorite music is Boys Like Girls, Cartel and Gleed versions, right?
A: Basically. Throw in some oldies into the mix and get rid of love Drunk by BLG.

Q: Diet Soda or regular?
A: Diet.

Q: Pepsi or Coke?
A: Coke.

Q: Chocolate or candy?
A: Chocolate.

Q: You like blue.
A: How'd you guess?
Q: That wasn't a question.

Q: What if I have other questions?
A: E-mail me or comment below.

Q: You're awesome.
A: Thanks.


Current Music: Jessie's Girl- Gleed version
Current Mood: I still haz a cold.

Cheers,
RR

1 comment:

  1. Hi Riv,

    I enjoy your entertaining posts. Can't think of any questions... well, one, but I won't ask... I don't want to seem rude. You probably know what I'm wondering...

    ok, it starts with "when" - that's all I'll say. :)

    I was going to ask you "what I should read next?" since I just finished the last book I was reading, but I already started another one before I could ask... so I won't ask.

    I almost read The Hunger Games next, but I decided to read Eragon (my daughter coerced me before I even asked her so I never had a choice.)

    Cheers!
    Basil

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!