Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Only Puck Can Pull Me Back

(Well, Ash too, I guess.)
Hey Blogger Buds,
I was so good about it, not breaking my hiatus, but I just had too. For Julie.
You knoooow, Julie Kagawa.
*gasps* You forgot?
Oh, phew, you remember. But I'll refresh your memory, anyway. I wrote about a million and seven blog posts squeeing over Julie's Iron Fey series.
Still doesn't ring a bell?
For the one or two of you who don't quite remember, I reviewed the Iron Daughter HERE and the Iron Queen HERE. I also squeed a ton, but you can see a list of all my Julie posts HERE.
Anyways, there was a bundle of faerie awesomeness released today, involving two of my favorite fey.

Summer's Crossing (Iron Fey, #3.5)
First up, Puck! Because I hearts him. Summer's Crossing, an e-novella, was released today. Get it FREE HERE, or, for you Kindle users, buy it HERE! Haven't added it on Goodreads yet? What's wrong with you? It's right HERE.
I love Puck, as you well know, and I'm putting off reading Summer's Crossing to share my next bit of awesome news with my awesome followers!




Next up, Julie released the cover for the IRON KNIGHT!!  And I can barely COnTroL mYseLF!!!!!!1 (Yes, that "1" was very cheesy, and it was on purpose.) I was a bit scared and nervous to see the cover, but I ADORE it! I'll cut to the chase, now.

...

...

...

He goes well with my blog. I should keep him around more often. *stares*
SQUEE!
Cover analysis?
  • "Soulless. Banished. But never forgotten." Definitely impossible to forget.
  • The model is a bit young, and I thought Ash had silver eyes, but this cover almost maybe a little bit made me consider possibly converting to Team Ash for a bit. I'M SORRY, PUCKY!!!!
  • It goes so perfectly with the rest of the books!
  • I'm going to cry. It's really, really the end. No more Pucky after this book is out. I'm having second thoughts about wanting to read this one.
  • I don't know why the Ice Prince is wearing a coat. Oh, and him being an ice prince isn't the reason. I figure the snow would have looked at him and melted. Kind of like me. Or the Wicked Witch.
  • I can't look at this without my breath catching, and I'm not exaggerating here. I love this cover so much!
  • It's BLUE! I need to keep Ashy-poo* around more often. He goes with the furniture. :P
  • Ash+Meghan+Eternity=Meghash! Hellooooo, I want to see the two cover models do a shoot together! (I wonder if they know each other? Maybe they're friends. Maybe they're more than friends...?)
  • He fits the other covers sooooo well! I'll show you!
The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1)The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey, #2)The Iron Queen (Iron Fey, #3)The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4)

And, for awesomeness's sake:
Winter's Passage (Iron Fey, #1.5)Summer's Crossing (Iron Fey, #3.5)



Don't even TRY to tell me that these aren't the best thing since white bread.
So what do you think of them?


Peace and AWESOME FAERIE COVERS,
Riv

*You'll have to read Julie's blog, particularly THIS post, to know what I'm talking about.

4 comments:

  1. Yeees! I'm literally drooling over the cover now :D But I'm still Team Puck, no matter how amazing Ash looks :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Team Ash is here to leave his mark! ;)

    Riv Re - you're awesome! I love how you always comment on my blog...sometimes out of nowhere but I heart it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never read any book in this series. Gah! I so need to check them out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Riv I love your Iron Fey posts ^-^ I can't wait for the new book! I think I'm just as pbsessed with this series as you are. I'm team Ash though :P

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!