Hey Blogger Buds,
Sorry for missing another day. That's going to be happening a lot more often, as classes get rougher, finished drafts become more real concepts, and Glee keeps airing. (Oh Em Glee, I am the only one who is in absolute heart with Beth?) (And I am the only one who wants Kristin Chenowith to change her mind and come guest star...in the same episode as Idina Menzel?)
But today is not about TV. It is about books. A book from Most Awesome Author Ever, actually.
Kristen Cashore unveiled Bitterblue today.
Add it on Goodreads.
Kristin's original post.
Let's have a reminder of the other covers, shall we?
Ready for the customary cover analysis?
- It's blue. And purple. And, in my opinion, those colors always look perfect together.
- It has a whole face (sorta), not just an eye, like Graceling (even though the eye is focused on) or a mouth, like Fire.
- Gorgeous border. I love those flowers, and the pattern at the top and bottom.
- The keys! *moans* The keys! Initially, I was upset that the book didn't feature a weapon. (They've covered most of the basics already. What was I expecting? A rifle?) But, upon closer inspection, I've decided that I really don't want to be hit in the face with one of those. *shudders* *stares at spikiness* *shudders again* I'm kind of scared to see what the locks those keys match look like. And what do those locks keep...?
- *studied key heads* I wonder what significance they'll be...?
- Overall, I think this cover is more complex that Graceling's and Fire's. I think because it was white, Graceling seems to me like beautiful simplicity. Fire is a bit more detailed because of the coloring and the two-part weapon, but Bitterblue features THREE things, which makes it seem more detailed to me.
- Upon closer inspection, I've noticed that there is a second eye hidden behind some flowers. And the two eyes appear to be different colors....*speculates*
- My one tiny issue: I hate that the fonts don't match on the books. They're all the same font, but they're all different sizes and stuff. >< Still heart Bitterblue, though. Alone, it's perfect.
Okay, that's all. I'm in love. Amazing cover. One last thing before I say adios for the evening. All three covers together:
Next up: foreign editions!!!! (I can't wait!)
Peace and keys,
*Graceling and Fire pictures from Goodreads. Bitterblue cover from Kristin's blog.