Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Sunday, November 13, 2011

My Latest Attempt At Creativity: AKA A NaNoing Tool

Hey Blogger Buds,
I could launch into a whole complicated story about this, but here are the basics, starting with two random and useless facts about me that you were probably fine without knowing.

1:
I have cold fingers. I think it's a genetic thing. Even when it's pretty warm outside, my fingers are cold and a bit stiff. Typing doesn't help get the blood flowing. At all.
2:
I hate gloves. I hatez them. They always make the backs of my hands itch.
3:
I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year. (More on that in a later post.)

So, although fingerless gloves are cool, they're completely useless. What I needed instead are gloveless fingers!

And thus, Finger Socks were born.
Yes, as a matter of fact, I am reminding you to DFTBA.

The picture above is of my first set. I use junky $1 gloves and a pair of scissors. I cut these pink ones too short. I also made thumbs, which are decorated, but they're not pictured. I have some stuff I might design these two with, if I don't cut up another pair of gloves.

I've got big dreams for my Finger Socks. First Etsy, then...

THE WORLD!!!
*evil cackle*
*cough*
Source

The Finger Socks are worn when I'm writing, blogging, whatever. They don't have tips, so you can use the keyboard and mouse with ease. :D

So. What do you guys think? If I got the hang of this, would these sell? Am I living in the clouds? (Don't answer that one.)

Peace and Penguins,
Riv

2 comments:

  1. Haha. I'd buy them. But since I live on the clouds as well, I can't speak for earthlings.

    Looks like NaNo sparks off all kinds of creativity! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those things are adorable o.o Do they work, though? (I always have super cold fingers, too.) It feels like cold palms and cold fingertips = overall cold hand?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!