Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Blog Me MAYbe: Save Kitties and Win Critiques!

Hey Blogger Buds,
The awesome Sara McClung is hosting a May blogfest, to try to blog every day in May!

I've decided to try putting a spin on things. It may not work, but I want to plan each post around a song lyric, or a quote, or something to that extent. Besides for that, I'll be keeping my posts pretty short.


Thursday: MAY I tell you something about someone else?

No? Oh well. I wasn't really asking.

Fat Kitty City is a sanctuary dedicated to caring for rescued cats (and dogs!), while giving them "the proper room to run and play, climb and jump, chase and explore" instead of being "crammed into small cubicles in a warehouse building" as they hope to get adopted. Fat Kitty City also provides for special needs cats, "including those positive for feline AIDS, ferals, elderly kitties, and abandoned and abused animals."

Of course, all of this is incredible expensive, which is why the Pens for Paws Auction was started.

They sum it up much better than I do, though, on the auction page:
Pens for Paws is an online auction with writers, artists, and others from the publishing community to raise funds for Fat Kitty City, a no-kill, cage-free cat sanctuary in El Dorado Hills that also rescues dogs (as foster homes allow).


Pens for Paws Auction
(Banner header from the site)

Pens for Paws

In fact, if you're not sick of me yet, I've got a critique up on the auction block! And I will love you forever (more than I already do!) if you check it out!

My critique auction closes on MAY 12 at 11:00 EST, so hurry to give it a looksie!
(Did I just say "looksie?")


May the odds be ever in your favor (AND FREE TESSERAE IF YOU CHECK IT OUT!!!),
Riv

2 comments:

  1. Just checked out your auction item. It says US addresses only. Is that just for swag or for the critique as well? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The critique is international (as long as you can get it to me, and it's in English, of course). Only the swag pack is US-only.
      Thanks, I hope you find something you like on the auction site (though I would totes love it if you bid on my crit)!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!