Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summer Reads Sunday (3)

Hey Blogger Buds,
Summer Reads Sundays is a summer meme hosted here at Riv Reads. As people usually have more time to read in the summer, this meme is to keep track of your books and bookish happenings.

What I plan to read this summer: Part 1 Part 2

Last Week I Planned To Read
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers

Last Week I Read
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman

Right Now I'm Reading
Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers

My Thoughts
I'm really happy to have gotten through most of my planed books this week!
1) Hex Hall is amazing. Last public announcement begging for Demonglass trade! The MC Sophie was fabulous and I totally recommend this.
2) My Misadventures as a Teenage Rockstar was disappointing. I was expecting an action-fill adventure with plenty of laughs and all I got was...a story. That was pretty poorly written, too.
3) Babe In Boyland was hysterical. After Teenage Rockstar, this was perfect for lifting my spirits, making me laugh, and forcing me to cringe, all at every sentence.
4) Original Sin I picked up at a signing (read about the awesomeness HERE) and got right in, though I too a break to read Teenage Rockstar and Babe in Boyland, and I'm loving it. The character POV shifts are a drop confuzzling, though.



This Week I Plan To Read
Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs
Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard
Rival by Sarah Bennett Wealer
Viola in the Spotlight by Adrianna Trigiani


Other Things I'm Planning This Week
1) I'm looking for guest bloggers this summer :)
2) I just hit 100 followers! So excited! So I know I owe you guys a crazy insane contest. Look forward to it!


That's all for now, folks!

Peace and beaches,
Riv

PS: I'm looking for guests posts for this August!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on hitting 100 followers!!! I loved Hex Hall and Anna and the French Kiss and I'm dying to read Babe in Boyland!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!