Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Thursday, August 25, 2011

I'm Back! (An identical title to my late August post last year)

Hey Blogger Buds,
I'm back! Did you miss me? Wait. Don't answer that one.
A ton happened while I was gone. Awesome books came out. More popped up on the radar. I got 300+ emails. There was an earthquake and a hurricane warning. Small stuff like that.

If you sent me an email in the past month, I apologize if I haven't replied. It's probably buried under all of my various site updates, newsletters, etc.
Confession: I still don't have my inbox organized from last August.

I read Forever by Maggie Stiefvater during my time away. It was a-MAZ-ing.

I got a ton of stuff in the mail. Including: Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler. I plan to read and review it sometime before the release date.

Well, I'm not sure what else to say. Earthquakes are scary. Twitter is awesome.* I'll be posting a Summer Reads Sunday on, well, Sunday. See you then. Enjoy your weekend. :)

Peace and Earthquakes,
Riv Re

*Apparently, thanks to Twitter, people along the east coast knew they were going to feel the earthquake before it even reached them. I was just scared out of my wits.

Current Music: Story of Us by Taylor Swift (ironic, as I just received "The Future of Us")

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! And lucky you getting The Future of Us, I can't wait to read that one:) I'll be looking forward to your review of Forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks.

    My site:
    rachat de credit rachatdecredit.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!