Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Faves of 2011: The Characters and The Scenes

Happy Holidays, Blogger Buds!
We wish you a merry christmakwanzakah!

I'm back with some more of inkcrush's Faves of 2011! Today, I'm doing the characters and the scenes.

No pictures this time; I don't want to slow down your computer too much, and you've pretty much seen these already, in my last post. (And this post took AGES as it is.)

Let's get on with it, shall we?
I challenged myself to use someone different for each answer (or else Puck would dominate most of this section.)

1. favorite female main character
Viola from Viola in the Spotlight by Adriana Trigiani (New York FTW!)

2. favorite male main character
Roran from Inheritance by Christopher Paolini (I like him because he's not popular by default. He's popular because he's a genius, and he applies that.)

3. best couple <3
Grace and Sam from Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

4. who i so want to be best friends with
Sophie from Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins (she's so snarky)

5. who i fell completely in love with (new literary crush)
<3Puck<3 from The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
(anyone who's been following my blog for more than a day know that there is no contest with this one.)
(and I guess I didn't fall in love with him for the first time this year)
Close second: Cadan from Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton

6. worst (best & baddest) villain
The Villain in Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
(don't really know if there was a specific bad you or anything...)
Close second: Galbatorix from Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

7. best character twist (who you loved then hated or vice versa)
Snape
Alexi from the 13 to Life series by Shannon Delaney (he was just...weird...but awesome)

8. best kick-arse female
Ellie from Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton

9. best kick-arse male
Will from Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton (they're both just really awesome!)

10. broke your heart the most
Ash from The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

11. favorite pet/animal character award
Saphira from Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

12. best YA parents award
The Packwoods from Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

13. favourite sibling relationship
Meghan and Ethan from The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

14. favourite best friends/friendship award
Jonathan and his "thicks" in Adios, Nirvana by Conrad Wesselhoeft

15. best/worst character names
Telemachus from Adios, Nirvana by Conrad Wesselhoeft. This is both the best and the worst.
Close second, for best: Ash from The Iron Queen. His true name is beneath the highlighter. SPOILERY SPOILERY SPOILERY: Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn

Bonus: best love triangle
A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare (I HATE love triangles, but this one was great)


And now...


1. best first chapter
Witch Eyes by Scott Tracey

2. best climax
Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
(only saying this because I read it recently, and remember it pretty well)

3. best ending
Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard

4. best plot twist/revelation (no spoilers!)
Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
5. scariest/most disturbing scene
Most of the scenes in Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

6. steamiest scene (or sweetest/sexiest kiss award)
Original Sin by Lisa Desrocher
Drought by Pam Bachorz

7. best swoon-worthy moment
The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

8. biggest nail-biting moment
right before the race in The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

9. most hilarious scene
every single scene with Puck in The Iron Queen and Summer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa

10. most heart-breaking/tear-jerker moment
the end of Delirium by Lauren Oliver
and (you guessed it) the end of The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

BONUS: favourite meet cute
Witch Eyes by Scott Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!