Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Why I Successfully Failed NaNo (AKA 14045 #epicfails and #wins)

Hey Blogger Buds,
Right off the bat, I'm not done with my sort-of hiatus. I'm still missing days here and there. But I have a new meme  that I've been planning, and I hope it works out. (For those of you who have been with me a long time, you know that I've said this twice before. The first time, the meme lasted only a few weeks. The second time, nothing happened.)

So. NaNoWriMo.
I never really blogged about NaNoWriMo. I think I did some blogging about blogging about NaNo. But it took me to December 4th to finally write something. (I'm so timely, aren't I?)

This is my second year doing NaNo. Last year, I wrote a little under ten thousand words. This year, I wrote a little over fourteen thousand. It's an #epicfail, but not quite as epic as last November.
But, like last year, my epic fail was also a #win, albeit it not an epic one.
I always come back ("always" being said based on all of my scientific research, a whole two months worth) from NaNo stronger. I may be sick of my NaNo, but I fall back in love with Eberheardt. (For my new followers: Eberheardt is my main WIP. Out-dated info at the left of the page.)

Last night, for the first time in a long time, I got up, went over to my computer, and sat down, really in the mood. That isn't so usual. I still love to write, sure, but I haven't missed my characters this much in a while. And I opened up Word, and I looked at my most recent words and I said "hey guys, what's up?" And I spent some time with them.
(Ignore the fact that there was a two hour gap from the time I sat down and plugged in my flash-drive to the time I opened Word.) (New YouTube is weird!)

A month that you're forced to be away from one of the things that keeps you alive makes you appreciate it all the more. (Food, water, oxygen, and WIPs.)


So, to make drawn-out point slightly less drawn-out:

NaNoWriMo 2011 was an #epicfail. But it led to a #notquiteasepicwin.

Peace and #epicwins to you all,
Riv

Did you NaNo? How was it?
(Oh, I forgot. How was Thanksgiving for you guys? Did any of you "open your belt buckle?" Anyone go out to buy new pants before/after the holiday? What did you eat? Turkey? Tofurkey? Turducken?)


Current Music: Not All Heroes Wear Capes by Ocasan (What is it with the UK and awesome bands? We've got  The Beatles, Cold Play, and now these guys. They're indie, but they're amazing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!