Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Faves of 2011: The Random and The Covers

Hey Blogger Buds,
I'm sure you guys are slowly sinking from your high from the holidays (I know I am), so here I am to add a little cheer. (Oh, don't be like that, all *facepalm*ing and *headdesk*ing at me. I'm not that bad...okay, maybe I am that bad...)

It's time for more of inkcrush's faves!! Well, they're actually my faves, but inkcrush gave me the idea and all...you get the point.


1. fave first sentence
Adios, Nirvana
When you piss off a bridge into a snowstorm, it feels like you’re connecting with eternal things. Paying homage to something or someone. But who? The Druids? Walt Whitman? No, I pay homage to one person only, my brother, my twin.
In life. In death.
Telemachus.
2. fave book title

3. fave reading experience (ie: created a great reading memory)
I bought Original Sin at a really fun book event

4. book with the best food in it (made you so crazy-envious-hungry)
Anna and the French Kiss was all about fancy French dishes

5. book with the most sensual weather (made you shiver/sweat)
The Scorpio Races had some beautiful writing, and there was a scene with Puck and Sean Kendrick the night before the race where I felt like I was actually there.

6. most embarrassing book cover (feeling sheepish in public or just plain ugly) 
Here are just a few:
Breathing
Breathing by Cheryl Renee Herbsman
Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers
Nevermore (Nevermore, #1)
Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
(sorry for the weird spacing)

7. can’t believe you waited this long to read the book (!)
Hex Hall was sitting on my shelf for months!

8. book you'd give your mum/sister to read
I would give my sister Hex Hall...well, at least, I would give it to her if she hadn't already borrowed and read it before me

9. book you'd give your dad/brother to read
My brother is a fan of action and, for obvious reasons, boy POVs. I already gave him Angelfire, and I would also totally give him The Scorpio Races.

10. book you'd like to give your past-self to read
I would give my 12 or 13 year old self Like Mandarin

11. book that lived up to (or superseded the hype)Delirium was amazing, and the first book I almost threw across the room

12. book you stayed the latest to finish (confess!!!)
I've been pretty good lately about not staying up too late to read, but Inheritance was so long that I stayed up late several times to try to get through it, even though I didn't finish it. I stayed up until around 2:30 maybe...?

13. book you were *dying* to get your hands on the most
There are a bunch of these. Angelfire, since it sounded so awesome. Forever because of Linger's ending, The Scorpio Races because it's Maggie freakin' Stiefvater, and The Iron Queen because of the complete mind-blow that was The Iron Daughter

14. fattest brick of a book you read (by page count)
Definitely Inheritance--8 freakin' hundred and 60 pages

15. killer cliffhanger award
There are a couple of these. Illusions for the mind-blowing, Nevermore for the heart-stopping, and The Iron Queen for the tear-jerking



I mostly have some singles, but I also have a set that I read this year and is really pretty together

1-3
13 to Life (13 to Life #1)Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2)Bargains and Betrayals (13 to Life, #3)

4
The Iron Queen (Iron Fey, #3)

5
Witch Eyes (Witch Eyes, #1)

6
Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1)

7
The Scorpio Races

8
Angelfire (Angelfire, #1)

9
Adios, Nirvana

10
Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)


Well, that's all. That was a fun roundup, in total. :D Sorry for leaving out the authors this time.

Peace,
Riv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!