Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

12 Books Of 2012

Hey Blogger Buds,
How's the new year going? Getting into any of those resolutions yet? Finished a book? Ate healthier? Lost those stupid 2 pounds that are clinging on for dear life, and REFUSE to be burned away yet, darn them and all of their--*ahem* Sorry.
Some of you may have noticed that I didn't post a "Top 10 or 2011" or a top 11. Instead I did a group of "faves." I don't know why I'm not going to share my favorite books. Maybe because I'm disappointed that some of the books I wanted to love I really didn't? There was at least one book like that, that had everything I could ever want in a book, but was a total #epiclyepicfail.

Instead, I'm going to take a look at the 11 books I was looking forward to this time last year, and another 12. Some overlap, some have some interesting connections...


What I was most looking forward to in 2011:
Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
It nearly lived up to my expectations
Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
It's still not out. The release date was wrong :(
Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
This one was amazing, but also slightly disappointing
Iron Queen+Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa
I read The Iron Queen. It was the best book of the series, I think. I have The Iron Knight sitting next to my bed, but I'm pushing it off as much as possible, even though I want to dive into it.
Enclave by Ann Aguirre
I started reading it, but I got bored. I'm going to pick it up again, but the first time around I couldn't get into it.
Steel by Carrie Vaughn
The summary kind of made it more interesting than it was, but it was still pretty good
Shur'tugal Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
It was...surprisingly amazing. Didn't like the ending, though.
Stolen Nights by Rebecca Maizel
Like Bitterblue, the release date was wrong and it's not out yet.
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
I have it sitting on my shelf (bought from Borders!) but I haven't read it yet.
Vanish by Sophie Jordan
I wasn't interested enough to read it, actually.
Illusions by Aprilynne Pike
Fabulous, killer cliff-hanger ending. I NEED Destined!

Top 12 of 2012
While going through Goodreads, I realized that this was a really, really hard list to make. I have 47 (I know, that's very little) books currently on my Unreleased shelf, for 2012. Most of those I'm really excited for. Cutting out the last two books was the hardest, but here I am, with 12 books. Most will end up being sequels, as the drive to read sequels is usually greater than the drive to start a new series. For me, at least.
Note: Some books don't have titles yet. They're listed by their series name, if that's available.
There's no specific order to this.
Jessica Rules the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
Release Date: January 10 (almost there!)
I've read Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side twice, and it was fabulous. I was so excited to learn of the sequel!
Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton
Release Date: January 31
I've read some really evil teasers of this one...
Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Release Date: February 28
Considering the ending of Delirium, the end of February couldn't come fast enough!
Stolen Nights by Rebecca Maizel
Release Date: April 6
I mentioned this in the first half of my blog post. I really want this!
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
Release Date: April 24
Another Julie book! And it's post-apocalyptic! I just hope she doesn't ruin in with the vampires...
Quaranteen by Lex Thomas
Release Date: April 24
This book isn't a Big Deal, but it's a plot that I've always wanted to read. A bomb or something (a "mysterious explosion") is dropped on their school and, in not so many words, turns all teenagers into zombies that are dangerous to all adults and kids. Soon, all the teachers are dead, and the school is quarantined by the government. All the cliques become gangs, and MC and his brother are hated by the Varsity, the most evilest gang. >:[. It sounds awesomesauce.
Bitterblue!!!!! by Kristin Cashore
Release Date: May 1
I've been looking forward to this for so long. It's my numero uno of 2012.
Destined by Aprilynne Pike
Release Date: May 1
Like I mentioned in part one, Illusions had a killer ending, and I need dis book!
Timepiece by Myra McEntire
Release Date: June 12
I only recently read Hourglass, and it was absolutely amazing. I was completely wowed, way more than I expected.
Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh
This is up there with Bitterblue and Julie's books. Kelly is amazing.
Iron Fey Spinoff by Julie Kagawa
Release Date: 2012 (no date on Goodreads, I think it's in the second half of the year)
If you haven't heard the news yet, it's a pleasure to break it to you: Julie is bringing us back to the Nevernever!
Princess Academy #2 by Shannon Hale
Release Date: 2012 (no date on Goodreads. I think I read somewhere September, though...?)
Yup! There's a sequel! I can't wait!

And, for my last trick, I want to see if there are any comparisons between 2011's and '12's books.

In 2011: Angelfire
In 2012: Wings of the Wicked

In 2011: Bitterblue
In 2012: Bitterblue (still)

In 2011: The Iron Queen
In 2012: The Iron Fey Spinoff (and Immortal Rules)

In 2011: Stolen Nights
In 2012: Stolen Nights

In 2011: Illusions
In 2012: Destined

5 out of my 11 books/series secured special places in my heart to make me continue them. <3

Peace and New Year's Resolutions,
Riv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!