Hey Blogger Buds,
Okay, I have a few random things to share today! Long post, so the key words are bolded. ;)
1) The epicness that is Courtney Allison Moulton is hosting a giveaway. You guys may remember Fear The Reaper from last year. And it's back! And it's awesome. Like, seriously. And CAM is totally giving away epic things. And this week she's offering us a Cadan song. If anyone stalks CAM's comments (No? Just me?) you'll know how I love me some Cadan. (Puck, don't worry, you're still my first pick, but come on! When you can come up with a ship name as epic as Rivdan then I'll turn all of my attention to you.)
2) Merlin. Why did it take me so long to discover this gift from heaven? Best. Show. Ever. It beats Glee. And Legend of the Seeker. And if you're a fan of LotS, you totally need to check out Merlin. And if you're obsessed with Merlin, watch LotS STAT. (And LotS is based on a book. And Merlin on a legend... See! I can tie this into books sort of!) The two shows are really similar, though Legend of the Seeker is much darker than Merlin.
Anyway. I'm in total heart with this show. Two seasons (26 episodes) in 5 days. And I think I replayed every Merlin-Arthur scene at least twice. Trying to slow down now. WHY must I wait for September for Season 5?
(And, FYI, I'm not really one for slash, and I love Arthur-Guinevere, but a weird little part of me is a total Merthur shipper.)
Sorry. I'll stop the Merlin fangirlling now.
3) On Sunday I've got some cover showcasing planned! Some awesome covers were released recently, and I'm going to unleash the epicness on you in one great big blow.
4) I have a new guilty pleasure: manga/anime. Not a big deal. I went through Fruits Basket a while ago, and I wasn't sure if I could love any manga/anime (read and watch at the same time) as much. But DNAngel is fantastic. (WHY is Vic Mignogna so epic?) (And WHY is Dark so epic?) I'm in total love.
5) I just finished an awesome book that was gifted to me by Pirate Penguin Reads. It's called Rock On. I flew through it. Review to come.
Sorry for the rambles. But it's my blog. So you're stuck with me.
(How many times did I write "epic" in this post?)
Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.
Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.
Enjoy and happy reading!
Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)