Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cover Love: Good Things Come in Threes

Hey Blogger Buds,
Often, I showcase covers that I'm swooning over one at a time, when they come out. But there have been so many amazing ones cropping up lately, and I can't keep up with them. So I've got a nice, pretty post for you. Three covers, one of which got a ton of buzz, one of which didn't, and one of which no one even heard of.
Good things come in threes, right?
Let's get on with it!
(Linkage to Goodreads)

A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger
A Midsummer's Nightmare
You guys definitely heard of this one. It's kind of been everywhere. I'm not such a contemp lover, but I might as well give it a shot, and that cover is really captivating.  It's got the shiny sunny friendly beach thing going on...until you see the model's expression. In the words of Marlin: Good feelings gone.
This one's out on June 5th. So it's an...erm...light summer beach read?

Renegade by J. A. Souders
Renegade
This one's a dystopian/fantasy. Princess/Messiah type of girl lives in an underwater kingdom. Meets a "surface-dweller" and discovers her life is lie. Etc, etc.
Anyways, gorgeous cover. Water, garden, pretty dress, random rose, long, lovely hair that I was kill for.
Swimming to a shelf near you sometime in 2012. I know, I'm helpful.

The Land of Stories
Notice how I left out the author up there? It's cuz I'm a total Gleek, and Chris Colfer is pretty much one of the most amazing people ever. He acts. He sings. He's proud to be gay. (Notice that I didn't put "he's gay" down, because gay/straight doesn't make up who a person is! But that's a rant for another time...)
And he writes.
Yes, Chris is writing this himself. He's not Hilary Duff, with a ghost writer. And he's not Tyra Banks, writing about "Tookie" (or something).
And I know that, like everything else that Chris Colfer does, this book will be amazing.
I'm ridiculously excited for The Land of Stories. I think it's an upper MG, but I don't really care. And isn't that cover amazing? The illustrator is Brandon Dorman, but I'm not sure if he did the cover. Comparing it to some of his other works (like Fablehaven), I think he did.
The cover has a wolf. And a palace. And a toad. That's wearing a suit. And princesses on the sides!
You can show your Chris Colfer love on July 17th. And really. Who wouldn't want to show their Chris Colfer love?


In other news: Totally check out Books Over Boys today. Momo, the supremely awesome blogger over there, is hosting a huge event dedicated to Angelfire! Today's post is all about CADAN. You probably know how much I love me some Cadan. I helped contribute. :) Go take a look!


Peace and Dressed-up Toads,
Riv

Current Music: Things I'll Never Say by Avril Lavigne (actually have my iPod on shuffle, and it reminds me just how remarkable my taste in music is...not to brag or anything ;P)

What do you think of these covers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!