Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Character Dolls: Edward Elric

Hey Blogger Buds,

It's weird, I haven't done a Character Doll in a while. Today's was kind of a cheat. But I'll mention why in a minute.

"Character Dolls" is a weekly feature here at Riv Reads every Thursday. Doll-making websites, like elouai, are my guilty pleasure, and I figured that while I'm on them, I might as well fan-girl a bit! And while I'm doing that, why not share some of my creations on the blog?
Please don't use this feature without express permission from myself first.
Unless otherwise stated, all dolls are made with elouai.
And, of course, I ask that you don't alter my dolls, or claim them as your own. If you like one of the dolls, and want to spread the love, please don't post the picture on your own blog, but instead link back here! And you're welcome to give it a go, of course, and create your own dolls. If you do, let me know so I can check it out!
My character comes from a manga today. I don't usually talk about the Japanese style on my blog much, and I'm not such a manga fanatic, but sometimes I'll find one and fall in love with it. And I'm definitely in love with this one.

This week's character is Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist by Hiromu Arakawa

(Drumroll please)
*drumroll*

My favorite part is probably the pants. Other than that, he ended up way too girly.
1) Ed's hair is always in his signature braid, but I couldn't find one, so I figured I'd mimic what it looks like loose. I originally had a different style picked, much longer and girly-er. I'm quite glad I went back and found this one instead. I was scared he'd look like a girl. (He still does, but not as much.)
2) I did the pants before the shirt, and picked out about five hundred black pairs. I'm happy with this one because Ed, as a state alchemist, has a pocket watch. The chain hangs down (though not nearly this far).
3) The shirt was a lot more complicated, seeing as one of Ed's arms is fake, so I had to give him long sleeves and put his hands in pockets or gloves. This was the most normal one I could find.
4) The boots and face were pretty. He's kind of got a poker-face thing, which I like. And Ed's got these beautiful yellow eyes. (Who? Me? Crush on a fictional character? Psh. Never.)

Overall: I like the outfit for the most part, not so much the hair.


What do you think? If you've read FMA, are there any distinct changes you would make? If you haven't, WHY NOT?

Peace,
Riv

PS: In case you're wondering my stance on Mr. Cullen:
source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!