Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Friday, January 21, 2011

PiF, AtU, Athr Tr, AF, Txt, Strnd, Rvws, and Abbr

(The last bit was just for fun)
Hey Blogger Buds,

1) The Bookshelf Muse, in eternal awesomeness, is giving stuff away in THREEsss!!!! HERE
To enter, we're PAYING IT FORWARD to those who've helped us in our writerliness.
So...
Sheri over at Writer's Alley, for being awesome
LRS, over at Fictional Writer, for putting up with me.
And author Kirsten Hamilton for being you

2)You know Beth Revis? I doubt you've heard of her. She's just some small-time author who hasn't written much. And I doubt you heard of her book, THE INCREDIBLE ACROSS THE UNIVERSE. So, Beth is having a contesty, and she's totally NOT giving away iPods.

3)Because I HATE missing author tours, I'm posting this one I just found out about. Ally Condie, Andrea Cremer, Kirsten Miller, Beth Revis, and Brenna Yovanoff (I'm soooo going, let me know if you are too! I'd love to meet up in Books of Wonder!)(I LURVE Books of Wonder)

4)Courtney Allison Moulton is giving away books :)

5)Like the new font? It just got approved by Blogger in Draft :)

6)I'm getting some books for review soon, so expect some awesomeness. I'll give you some hints: You'll be getting THIRSTY, but avoid, at all costs, even if you're offered a drink, STEEL. Both are by authors I love, and neither are debuts. I've reviewed books by both authors ;)

2 comments:

  1. Ouch, this font hurts my eyes. Maybe my computer doesn't have the right font...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of love this font - it reminds me of a child's scrawl...very fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!