Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pigtails in YA and: Abby!

pigtails=awesome Abby>awesome
Hey Blogger Buds,
Happy Sunday! Today, I shall talk about pigtails.
Why? you will ask.
Because I have pigtailed my hair.
*waits for the info to sink it, watches faces transform to show odd looks*
Yes, I am a teenager, and I have pigtails.
Those who know me might have just gone into shock. Please don't.
Scratch that, if you're in shock, can I have your science notes?

Before I forget, I'm going on hiatus for a week and a half. I'll miss Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday, and Tuesday again, but I'll be back for a week from this Thursday. I've got finals (don't forget aforementioned science notes) so I don't want to have the pressure of the blog.

So, I'm here to talk about more than pigtails (and what kind of name is that? Can it be less unattractive?)
Is it just me, or are there practically NO YA books with pigtailed MCs? (Only the most awesome girls and the guys are excused here)

People think only kids wear pigtails, but they're so cool! We should totally bring pigtails In for YA.

If Abby can do it, why can't we? I mean, besides for the fact that awesome is a slave to Abby, and she rules everything cool.

So, who's with me? Let's bring pigtails in! What do you think?

Peace,
Riv

Current Mood: cowering before Abby the Awesome
Current Music: Teenage Dream-Gleed (Blaine+a wee bit=Abby)

4 comments:

  1. Not quite sure how I'm feeling about pigtails but definitely an interesting post! Good luck on your finals!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Abby! I like pigtails. I think they can be done really well. Like Abby's hair, or the really cute country pigtails that people wear with cowboy hats... yeah. I like pigtails. I never wear them myself because my hair is so freaking curly it'd look silly. But I think it would be cool to see a YA MC in pigtails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pigtails, I just hated them as a kid. I'd take them out everytime I got to school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely insightful.
    Abby is awesome, amazingly awesome. You gotta love her to survive.
    Anyway I totally agree that pigtails should be brought to YA. People look cute with pigtails and they give you a new look that also says, "I speak for myself."
    Catch you later!
    -ww-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!