So I love Beth Fantaskey's books. To remind you, she wrote Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side and Jekel Loves Hyde. And, looking at my WO Cover shelf on Goodreads, I noticed that on Friday the cover was revealed for JGtDotDS's sequel! It's called Jessica's Rules the Dark Side and it comes out next January. That's SUCH a long wait!
Just to throw some linkage at you...
Jekel Love Hyde on Goodreads and Amazon
Jessica's Guide...on Goodreads and Amazon
Jessica's Rules...on Goodreads
There's also a novella that takes place between books one and two, on the Author Site and Goodreads.
Now that that's out of the way...
"It's one thing to find out you're a vampire princess. It's a whole other thing to actually rule."
- The cover model is so pretty!
- So is the dress.
- The font matches the first book's and it's so nice!
- I'm trying to find synonyms for nice and pretty!
- I REALLY want to see Lucious's face! I have no complaints with what's already seen ;)
- Look carefully at what's in Jessica's left hand. I believe that that is a stake...
- You know those weird splotchy things your camera kinda picks up? Those dots are here too, but this time it's awesome!
- They look so happy :). Jessica looks happy and wonderstruck, and Lucious has that satisfied, calm, enamored look on his face. (I love the word enamored.)
- The background is so interesting! It looks like a mansion....
- Overall Cover Love!
Okay, so I love the style of all of Beth's covers. They all feature a girl and (most of) a boy standing beside each other.
The two Jessica books look gorgeous beside each other! I love it when books in a series come out so lovely together!
It makes me really want to see Lucious's face!
Here's the official summary, which I got from Goodreads. Spoilery from Jessica's Guide
Commentary in red!
When Jessica Packwood found out she was a Romanian vampire princess, she had the shock of her teenage life. Turns out that was the easy part. Now, married to Prince Lucius Vladescu (what is it with vampire names? At least it's not Vladimir), she has to claim her throne and convince a vampire nation she’s fit to be their queen. But Jess can’t even order a decent meal from her castle’s Romanian staff (shame. I <3 food), let alone deal with devious undead subjects who would love to see her fail.
And when Lucius is accused of murdering a vampire Elder and imprisoned without the blood he needs (again. food), Jessica finds herself alone, fighting for both their survivals.
Desperate to clear her husband’s name and win his release, Jess enlists the help of her best friend Mindy Stankowicz (yay!) and Lucius’s mysterious Italian cousin, Raniero Lovatu (ooh. sounds interesting). But both of them are keeping some dark secrets. Can Jess figure out who to trust – and how to rise to power – before she loses everything, including the vampire she loves?
Full of romance, mystery, and danger, the highly anticipated sequel to Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side shows that sometimes a princess has to earn her “happily ever after” – with a sharpened stake in hand (shudders).
Current Music: Speak Now by Taylor Swift