Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Character Dolls: Dria

 Hey Blogger Buds,
I'm back with another Character Doll! I'm not in middle of reading anything right now, so I thought I'd share one of my own creations!

"Character Dolls" is a weekly meme here at Riv Reads every Thursday. Doll-making websites, like elouai, are my guilty pleasure, and I figured that while I'm on them, I might as well fan-girl a bit! And while I'm doing that, why not share some of my creations on the blog?
Please don't use this meme without express permission from myself first.
Unless otherwise stated, all dolls are made with elouai.
And, of course, I ask that you don't alter my dolls, or claim them as your own. If you like one of the dolls, and want to spread the love, please don't post the picture on your own blog, but instead link back here! And you're welcome to give it a go, of course, and create your own dolls. If you do, let me know so I can check it out!

Without giving too much away, Dria is a witch on the run from hunters...until she runs right into one. The story is medieval fantasy, so there's nothing too fancy with the clothes.

(Drumroll, please)
*drumroll*

She's almost exactly like I pictured her!
1) The hair was the first thing, and it's pretty good. It's not fancy in any way, just long and black. A little bit wild, too.
2) I know it's a cliche, but I gave Dria green eyes. There's a reason for it. I wish I could have made her eyes a little narrower though, less innocent-looking.
3) Clothing was hard. I wanted to go with this seductress look, but still make her clothes simple and almost conservative. I finally ended up on a shirt, and two skirts. (This is from memory, I did this several days ago.) I had this brown skirt, and a red one. I chose the brown for simplicity, near-modesty, and because I just don't want that much red.
4) The shoes were hard to pick, and I'm still annoyed by them. As I said, I needed something simple and preferably brown. But they had to be good for traveling, hence choosing boots. I feel like they detract from the overall look, too.

Overall: Don't like the shoes, but I like how she turned out otherwise!

What do you think of my witch? Should I do more of my own characters in the future?

Peace and boiling cauldrons,
Riv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!