Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Character Dolls: Puck


Hey Blogger Buds,
Today's depiction is of Robin Goodfellow, the infamous Puck from A Midsummer Night's Dream.
...and The Iron Fey.

"Character Dolls" is a weekly meme here at Riv Reads every Thursday. Doll-making websites, like elouai, are my guilty pleasure, and I figured that while I'm on them, I might as well fan-girl a bit! And while I'm doing that, why not share some of my creations on the blog?
Please don't use this meme without express permission from myself first.
Unless otherwise stated, all dolls are made with elouai.
And, of course, I ask that you don't alter my dolls, or claim them as your own. If you like one of the dolls, and want to spread the love, please don't post the picture on your own blog, but instead link back here! And you're welcome to give it a go, of course, and create your own dolls. If you do, let me know so I can check it out!

I'm actually cheating this week; I made Puck a while ago, and posted him then. But now is his official introduction.

This week's character is Robin Goodfellow (AKA Puck) from the Iron Fey trilogy.

(Drumroll please)
*drumroll*

A little disappointed. The idea is right but Puck is just...off. The wings are ironic.
1) I needed red hair, of course. It was really a pain not to find anything any better than this. I'm not sure if I like how long it is or not. The face is mostly pretty good, except for the huge eyes and lashes. I was kind of overwhelmed by green, I think.
2) The clothes were pretty simple, once I found them. The goal was something very woodsy and simple, but I think it came out a little too old-fashioned. The boots aren't so bad though...when he's wearing shoes, at least.
3) The wings tempted me. I couldn't help but add them...
4) I wanted to add a small black raven, but I couldn't find any. I figured adding some sort of bird might be a nice touch, though. I think it is, especially with the sparkles around it.

Overall: The face and hair kind of puts the whole thing off. He's not so bad otherwise, though.

What do you think?
Peace and Fair Folk,
Riv

Current Music: Newsies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!