Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Friday, March 30, 2012

Character Dolls: Effie Trinket



Hey Blogger Buds,

"Character Dolls" is a weekly meme here at Riv Reads every Thursday. Doll-making websites, like elouai, are my guilty pleasure, and I figured that while I'm on them, I might as well fan-girl a bit! And while I'm doing that, why not share some of my creations on the blog?
Please don't use this meme without express permission from myself first.
Unless otherwise stated, all dolls are made with elouai.
And, of course, I ask that you don't alter my dolls, or claim them as your own. If you like one of the dolls, and want to spread the love, please don't post the picture on your own blog, but instead link back here! And you're welcome to give it a go, of course, and create your own dolls. If you do, let me know so I can check it out!

Today, I've got a depiction of Effie Trinket. She's got a little bit of movie pink in her, and a lot of book psycho.

This week's character is Effie Trinket from the Hunger Games Trilogy.

(Drumroll please)
*drumroll*

Not as much pyscho as I would have hoped, but still overwhelmingly pink.
1) I went looking for pink hair, but nothing was crazy enough. So I switched my whole color scheme to blue and purple. And being from the Capitol, I had to give her a healthy, round face. She does stuff her face, after all...
2) Once that was done, the clothes were easy. I wanted to match Effie's shoes from the movie, but there's no mimicking that. They were just too good.
3) Since this is Effie, and this is the capitol, I had to give her something weird on her face. Along with the cool tattoos, her eyes were automatically changed to green and blue, which I don't really mind so much.
4) If you're wondering, the orange sunglasses is (are?) Effie's subtle way of supporting Katniss, the girl on fire.

Overall: I'm pretty happy with the outcome, though I wish I could have portrayed her psycho a bit better. But I still think she's
(marvelous, if you can't see it)

What do you think? Does the beard approve?



Coming on Sunday: I'm joining the rockingjays (like Wrock and twi-rock) with a song parody! I'm not going to spoil it, but it's for the careers....
Though Songs from District 12 and Beyond still rocks my socks.

May the odds be ever in your favor,
Riv

Current Music: Songs from District 12 and Beyond (duh)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!