Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fear

Hey Blogger Buds,
I'm getting a bit personal today, talking to you about more than just the surface, the cover. (That was a [bad] pun. This is a book blog. Covers don't even affect my ratings!)

Anyways, I'm going to tell you a bit about me. What I fear. It's only a bit, nothing major or profound (I don't do profound.)

On My Blog:
That I'll start a blog hop, or a challenge, and my readers will roll their eyes and press the little red X in the corner.
That my readers will all lose interest.
That I'll lose interest or run out of time to post.

In My Reading:
That I'll fall out of love with books.
That I won't find any incredible books anymore, when, in a few years, all the series I love are over with.
That I'll stop having time to read. I used to read nightly, now I only read on weekends, pretty much. And I can't go back to a favorite and reread because I have this massive stack I still have to get to!

In My Writing:
That I'll stop loving it.
That I'll stop being able to do it, and everything I put down on paper will be trash.
That I'll stop having time to do it, and enjoy it.
That, when I'm finally finished everything and can start querying, an agent will send me an email saying, "Read the book ___ by ____. Your novel is an exact copy of it.

Peace and Bravery,
Riv

PS: Sorry about Tuesday, I was busy. Next Tuesday I hope to review either Jane Eyre, or Zan-Gah. Beware...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!