Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Cover Unveiling: Canary by Rachele Alpine

Hey Blogger Buds,
I'm a tad sick, and I have my first gigantic load of homework to do, so I'm just going to through a really pwetty cover at you. Don't forget to add on  Goodreads!
Here's the summary:

If she stays quiet, it will destroy her. If she speaks out, it will destroy everyone.
Kate Franklin’s life changes for the better when her dad lands a job at Beacon Prep, an elite private school with one of the best basketball teams in the state. She begins to date a player on the team and quickly gets caught up in a world of idolatry and entitlement, learning that there are perks to being an athlete.
But those perks also come with a price. Another player takes his power too far and Kate is assaulted at a party. She knows she should speak out, but her dad tries to silence her in order to protect the team. The world that Kate was once welcomed into is now her worst enemy, and she must decide whether to stay silent or expose the corruption, destroying her father’s career and bringing down a town’s heroes.
Similar to Jandy Nelson’s The Sky is Elsewhere, Canary is told in a mix of prose and verse.

Not my usual genre, but I'm intrigued.

Aaaaaaannnnd the cover:

Canary
Gorgeous, right? Very retro.
I love the colors. It's not something you see on the shelves very often--it sticks out.
There's a birdy! And it's crying! The only bit of blue on the cover, too.
The basketball is a nice touch, telling you what the deal is--a basketball team--without making you think that it's a book about a basketball team. Which it obviously isn't.


What do y'all think of it?

Peace and birds,
Riv

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you about the retro feel. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the cover love! I love it too (especially the tear, it's my favorite part!). : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!