Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Now Where Do I Put These? / My Visit to S&S

Hey Blogger Buds,
So I don't usually do those features/memes about weekly book hauls, since I don't get books too often (I still have a huge stack to read) but this week I ended up with seven new books, so I figured I would share.

First, I got this book, Daughter of the Centaurs, in the mail:
Daughter of the Centaurs (Centauriad, #1)
Daughter of the Centaurs by Kate Klimo
And you can add it on Goodreads.

Afterwards, I went to the bookstore. And found this gem, which I was super excited about. I was super excited, because I've been looking forward to The Iron Legends for a long time, and I can add it to my collection.

You can add The Iron Legends on Goodreads. And you really should.

Lastly, and this is even more exciting than getting The Iron Legends, I have a friend who has a relative who has a client that is the cover designer at this place:
Not at the website. At the building

And my friend and I headed to the Manhattan building, got a tour and saw his office. Oh yeah, and we got free books. It was like Christmas and my birthday, because I got this:


I know it's not super clear, and I did this into my webcam, without knowing how the program works. So I couldn't reverse the pictures. Here are the titles. (I don't have time to add Goodreads links, so sorry!)
Tilt by Ellen Hopkins
Identical by Ellen Hopkins
34 Pieces of You by Carmen Rodrigues (ARC, even though it's apparently out already)
White Cat by Holly Black (read it before, but now I own it!)
Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh (SO excited to own this. I didn't see Nevermore anywhere, unfortunately)


What did you guys get this week? Leave a comment so I can check out your haul!

Peace and books,
Riv

2 comments:

  1. MaxiMove LTD are a family run removal company offering home removals and same-day collection and delivery services at a competitive price. It's our goal to listen to our customers and put their requirements first and to provide you with an efficient, reliable and personalised service ensuring your moving day runs smoothly.
    Sofa disposal St Helens

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!