Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Cursed with Power: Behind The Magic (Guest Post)

(That title sounds like those featurettes you can get for free on iTunes, doesn't it? Like Harry Potter: Behind the Magic or Percy Jackson. I should really do featurettes. That's an easy business to break into, isn't it?)
Hey guys! Today I've got a guest post from one of my awesome online friends, Lindsey Sablowski, whose book Cursed With Power released today through Old Line Publishing! Check Lindsey out. (Not in that way! Minds OUT of the gutter!)

Hi everyone! My name is Lindsey Sablowski, and Riv has agreed to let me stop by today at her blog. For those of you who don't know me, I've recently become a published author. Today I'd like to tell you a little more about my new released book, Cursed With Power, and the story behind the magic.
(You can click to embiggen the prettiness.)

The Summary:
Celestria Hale learns that she is one of the last living Dark magicians. Upon leaving her hometown, she searches for others like herself to find out what has happened to her kind. She meets Alaire, another Dark magician with a dangerously sinister past. Through their travels, Celestria and Alaire come face to face with their enemies. The White magicians plot against them, developing a conspiracy that will overtake the last of them. While struggling for survival, Celestria must also come to terms with her sister's death. But is her sister dead?
There's no way out. The battle's already begun, and only the most powerful force will prevail. Everyone shows a longing hunger in their eyes, but their greed for power is only the beginning of a war raging between darkness and light. With the war approaching to determine the fate of magicians, Celestria fears for her and Alaire's existence. Destiny may find them, but will it be enough?



Today is a very exciting day for the book because though originally we were expecting it to release on September 7th, it released a day early -today!
But where did the story begin?
I actually started writing Cursed With Power two years ago. The idea came along when I decided I was tired of writing stories where the "good" magicians always won. I was tired of this idea that it was always good vs. evil, "black" magic or good magic....
It started with Celestria Hale, the narrator of this story, who was also the first name I decided on. Interestingly enough the name Celestria usually means "heavenly," though I'll leave that to you to decide if a word that defines a name actually defines the person.
Two years ago CWP was on inkpop (a writing site that recently was partnered with Figment.com), and writing for an audience made all of the hard work seem like it "paid off."

Now here we are, and at last the book has a home. Old Line Publishing may not be one of the "major six" publishing companies, but they definitely do know how to make you feel at home. The communication, the timing, the work effort... You and the publisher work hand in hand through everything. But please don't misunderstand; Old Line is a traditional publisher.

And now you can enter into Celestria's world...
This book has been a journey -for the characters, the author, the fanbase, the potential readers, etc. Now that the book is finally published I want to share Celestria's story with the world. Do you think you're ready for it?
Here's a short excerpt from the book:

I don't want to over-stay my welcome, but before I go I'll tell you how you can go about purchasing a copy of Cursed With Power if you're interested. It's available on my publisher's website, in 2-4 days the e-book format will be available (on Amazon and Barnes & Noble), in the next 5-6 days it will become available on Amazon (worldwide!), and in about 3-4 weeks it will be available on Barnes & Noble. Those links -as well as much more exciting news-will be posted on my personal blog. If you're interested in tweeting about the release hashtag #CursedWithPowerRelease and join in with the others who have already done so!
So a huge welcome to Riv for letting me stop by! Who knows... Maybe she'll review the book here on her blog and tell you what she thinks!

(Thanks for coming by, Lindsey!)

ETA 9/07: Cursed with Power just went up on Amazon! Checkit!
CWP paperback US
CWP kindle US
CWP UK kindle
CWP UK paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!