Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Thursday, September 22, 2011

As Long As You'll Dine: A Wicked Parody

Hey Blogger Buds,
It's a music kind of week, I guess.
So you know the book Kiss Me Deadly? It's an anthology, 13 Tales of Paranormal Love, edited by Trisha Telep. I recently had a copy in my possession (A DNF. I got bored), and whenever I looked at the title, it made me think of the song from Broadway's Wicked, As Long As You're Mine. The song opens with "Kiss me too fiercely." So. I wrote a slightly mocking vampire parody.

If you've never heard the song before, I suggest you listen to it first, and then maybe listen to it again while reading the lyrics to this.
This is my first shot at parody song writing. Enjoy! (Be kind...)

As Long As You'll Dine
TTTO: As Long As You're Mine by Wicked


Girl:
Kiss me too deadly
Hold me ‘till fright
I need help believing
You’ll Change me tonight
My wildest screamings
Could not foresee
Lying beside you
With you biting me

Forever this moment,
As long as you’ll dine
I’ve lost all resistance
And dried up my bloodline
And if it turns out,
I’m sucked clean too fast
You’ll make every last droplet last
As long as you’ll dine…

Vampire:
Maybe I’m soulless
Maybe I’m live
But you’ve got me seeing
Through thirsty eyes
Somehow I’ve fallen
In love with your smell
And someone I’m feeling
I need your blood cells

Both:
Forever this moment
As long as you’ll/I’ll dine
You’ll/I’ll unleash my two fangs
And make up for lost crimes

Vampire:
Say there’s no Ever
For us as a pair

Both:
And though I may know
I’ll still scare…

Forever this moment
As long as we’ll dine
Come vamp as you want to
And see how bright we sparkle shine
Away from the sunlight
Until it is through
And know I’ll be here sucking you
As long as we’ll dine…

Vampire:
What is it?

Girl:
It’s just—for the first time, I feel eternal.



This was totally not meant to offend Wicked or Kiss Me Deadly. Both are awesome. (I can't say anything about vampires though.)
I know the "two fangs" line is bad, but I couldn't think of anything better.
I'm kind of in love with the vampire's first solo. :-[
Hope you enjoyed!

Peace and vampires,
Riv

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!