Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Saturday, September 3, 2011

(Last) Summer Reads Sunday (7)

Hey Blogger Buds,
You know, I'm pretty impressed with myself. I've never taken part in/created a meme and actually stuck to it at least a little bit. Since I'm starting school this week, I'm ending the meme for 2011, even though summer isn't officially over for another 20 days or so.
So, let's do this thing, shall we?

Last Week I Planned To Read
The Inheritance Almanac by Michael Macauley
Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens (I didn't put this on my list, but I think I meant to.)

Last Week I Read
Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard

Right Now I'm Reading
The Inheritance Almanac by Michael Macauley
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens

My Thoughts
1)Like Mandarin took me most of the week to read. I loved it. Check out the MM I wrote.
2)I spent most of the weekend trying to get through A Tale Of Two Cities, but it's really slow going. I need to finish it this week though, so pray for me. ;)

This Week I Plan To Read
A Tale of Two Cities
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens

Other Stuff I'm Planning This Week
  • I figured since I'm, without a doubt, going to finish Tale of Two Cities, I might as well throw it out there. ;)
  • I'm heading to the New York Renaissance Faire (yes,with an "e" at the end) tomorrow! It's in Tuxedo (yes, it's called Tuxedo), New York. And this wouldn't be a fantasy writer's blog if I didn't make a post of it! Stop by sometime this week for a post on it! (It's fantasy weekend at the faire this week, as well. :) Can't wait!)
Happy reading!
Tell me. What are you up to, book-wise? Have you ever  been to the Ren Faire, or an SCA event?

Peace and Summer's End,
Riv

***I posted this early since I'll be leaving early tomorrow. Sorry if I inconvenience anyone!

3 comments:

  1. I ended up really liking A Tale of Two Cities when I was forced to read it for school. So good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read A Tale of Two Cities. (I don't think...) My lit teacher gave up trying to get everyone to read and we just watched the movies for them. Because I am a big reader I still read some since he had the books for those who wanted to read. But since it was optional I think I preferred to just read my fun books instead most of the time.
    I've never been to a Renaissance Faire! I would LOVE to though, sounds so fun! Hope you have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now I am reading a mystery - but I only have abot twenty pages left. Next I'm planning on reading L.J. Smith's 'The Secret Circle' - it sounds interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!