Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Character Dolls: Prince Ash

Hey Blogger Buds!
Last Thursday, I posted a picture I made using one of the online dress-up websites. Last week, I showed you Lola Nolan, from Lola and the Boy Next Door.
This week, I have Prince Ash from The Iron Fey books. (Don't worry, I also have a Puck, but I think I'll save that for next week.)

"Character Dolls" is a weekly meme here at Riv Reads every Thursday. Doll-making websites, like elouai, are my guilty pleasure, and I figured that while I'm on them, I might as well fan-girl a bit! And while I'm doing that, why not share some of my creations on the blog?
Please don't use this meme without express permission from myself first.
Unless otherwise stated, all dolls are made with elouai.

And, of course, I ask that you don't alter my dolls, or claim them as your own. If you like one of the dolls, and want to spread the love, please link back here! And you're welcome to give it a go, of course. Let me know if you do. :)

This week's doll is Prince Ash from the Iron Fey series.

(Drumroll please)
*drumroll*

I made Ash a little bit differently than usual. I generally avoid extraneous things, like penguins, and I never put backgrounds in. But I was so tempted.
My thought process as I designed Ash:
1) I think I began with the eyes on this one. Even though the cover of The Iron Knight features him with blue eyes and short hair, their both incorrect. He has silver eyes. So I found grey ones. The rest of his face I kind of pushed off.
2) And then, of course, the hair. Like I said, he doesn't have short hair, so I went looking for the longest black hair I could find that was still shiny and pretty. I mostly succeeded, though it's pretty short.
3) I had no idea what I wanted for the clothes. A starched white shirt? A tee? A coat? A cape? (Shirtless?) Pants were relatively easy, though you'd be surprised how many pairs of black pants this site has. The boots were probably the easiest part. I eventually settled, as you can see, on a coat, even though I didn't really want it. (Just ignore the metal chains.)
4) I went back to the face then. I didn't do it before because it was surprisingly hard. Finding grey eyes and a hard jaw isn't a big deal, but I wanted to get the expression right. And the nose. I think I broke a record with the amount of time I spent on getting the perfect nose. And it was really hard to get an expressionless mouth. And eyebrows. I'm pretty happy with how little emotion is visible. Is he happy? Or angry? I could imagine him as either.
5) The background I just HAD to add. He's...he's Ash! Winter prince!
6) Oh, and the penguin was just too freakin' adorable to leave out. I'm sure Ash just wants to turn it into a shish-kabob, though. PENGY.


I'm pretty satisfied with Ash. I wish the coat didn't have the chains, but it's not a big deal. And I HEART the pengy!

I'm still looking for any ideas on what to call this meme!
And, for those of you who have read The Iron Fey books, what do you think of my depiction of Ash?
Leave a comment, or Ash will freeze you with that stare. (Wait. That's not a very good threat, is it?)

Peace and Penguins,
Riv

3 comments:

  1. This is really awesome!!! Good job!

    ~V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epic! What website did you make this on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said in the post. It's called elouai.com
      If you give it a shot, let me know!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!