Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Character Dolls: Will

Hey Blogger Buds,
I'm back with another character this Thursday! Today, I've got a picture of Will from Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton. I read Angelfire a while back, and I have Wings of the Wicked sitting on my shelf right now, waiting for me to start. (Oh Em Geeeee, my hardcover set is GORGEOUS.)
First, a reminder what this meme is about:


"Character Dolls" is a weekly meme here at Riv Reads every Thursday. Doll-making websites, like elouai, are my guilty pleasure, and I figured that while I'm on them, I might as well fan-girl a bit! And while I'm doing that, why not share some of my creations on the blog?
Please don't use this meme without express permission from myself first.
Unless otherwise stated, all dolls are made with elouai.
And, of course, I ask that you don't alter my dolls, or claim them as your own. If you like one of the dolls, and want to spread the love, please don't post the picture on your own blog, but instead link back here! And you're welcome to give it a go, of course, and create your own dolls. If you do, let me know so I can check it out!

Angelfire (Angelfire, #1)
This week's character is Will from the Angelfire series.

(Drumroll please)
*drumroll*

Will was really easy and really hard at the same time. I don't really like the shirt, but the wings were definitely fun to add. :)
1) I did the head first, as usual. It was very easy. I found a good pair of green eyes, a normal nose and mouth (I'm not into giving guys girly lips. I can't handle it.) The hair was also pretty easy, since there are surprisingly few normal brown hairstyles, which is what Will has. I also picked out a nice, strong jaw for him.
2) The shirt is what most annoys me. I wanted a t-shirt, maybe sleeveless, maybe not. I found this one, and I first took it as a pretty average shirt, with the bonus of having Will's tattoos. Looking at it again, I don't really like the shirt, though the tattoos are still great.
3) Pants and boots are pretty average, with a tough-guy feel.
4) The wings, which I actually did before even the shirt, are my favorite part. It's not every day I get to design a character with wings, and aren't these just so cute and fluffy?

Overall: The shirt's a little too...I dunno, modern?....for my tastes, and he has kind of boring features, but he didn't come out so bad.

Peace,
Riv

Current Music: Dance with the Devil by Breaking Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!