Hey Blogger Buds!
For those of you who haven't seen it yet, the cover for FOREVER by Maggie Stiefvater is out!!!!
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!
She just posted it around 3 hours ago, and it's so awesome!
The whole Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy has awesome covers.
Isn't it awesome? Time for a cover analysis...
- It's going in to summer/fall now, so Christopher Stengel, the awesome designer, continued with the matching colors. Shiver, which took place in winter, was blue, Linger, for the spring, was green, and now Forever, which is awesome Autumn, is red!
- In the first two books there was a blood stain over the I. I was wondering about that, since Forever has no I, and instead Christopher put it in the O, very tastefully.
- I love the whole forest idea that's sort of framing the picture. Shiver shows mostly bare branches, and Linger shows lots of leaves. Now Forever shows something in between, as the leaves become a beautiful color outside our windows and begin to fall. Forever shows semi-bare trees.
- Shiver depicted Sam-wolf. Linger depicted Grace-girl and what I think is Other-wolf, since Sam is human. Forever flips it around, showing us Grace-wolf and Sam-boy.
- You can see the tension in the characters. Sam is slowly approaching Grace-wolf, and she's standing there, watching him carefully, her hackles up.
- Red lettering! This goes without saying, but the final copy of the book is going to have red lettering, not boring black!
I'm done my squeeing now.
Oh, and you can PRE-ORDER SIGNED Forever at fountainbookstore, here.*
What do you think of Forever?
Current Music: Too freaked out to think
Current Mood: Freaked out!
PS: See my new profile image? That's for the book-y!
*If the clicky doesn't work, here it is! http://www.fountainbookstore.com/autograph-maggie