Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Life's A Cabaret...When You're a Career: A Parody

Hey Blogger Buds,
In honor of the Hunger Games movie, I've decided to make you all victims of my parroting parodying once again! The first time was a vampire-esque Wicked parody, and the second song was about Taylor Swift and Facebook.

I couldn't think of a good title for this parody, since it was based on just one line in Maybe This Time. I had "all the odds are in my favor" stuck in my head and, well, I'm sure you can guess what happened next.

Since I'm still a little bit obsessing over Cato, and because I wanted to spice things ups a bit, this song is a tribute to the Careers. (Eh? You saw what I did there? A tribute to the Careers? ... I'll shut up now.)

Without too much further ado...

Further Ado: It's a short parody this time. And, for those of you who may not have heard the song before, here's the original on Youtube (I couldn't find a lyrics version, sorry). And here's the Glee version, with lyrics, which I liked better. You know me, I'm a Gleek.

Even Further Ado: I know that there are more repetitions and stuff of some of the lines, but I kept it clean, only put up the lyrics the lyrics the first time they're said. If you're listening to the song while reading the lyrics, you may have to go back and forth, up and down a bit as you follow along. Sorry, but I just wanted to keep it clean, and follow both versions as much as possible.

And now, without further ado...

Life's a Cabaret...When You're a Career.
Maybe this time, I'll be lucky
Maybe this time, I'll slay
Maybe this time
For the first time
I will hurry on stage

I will kill them fast
I'll have fame at last
Not a watcher anymore
Like the last Game
And the Game before

Panem always loves a winner
So everybody’ll love me
'Lady Tribute,' 'Lady Victor,'
That's what I long to be
All the odds may be in my favor
So my name’s bound to be picked
It's got to happen, happen sometime
Maybe this time I'll win.


*Of course, this parody is not meant, in any way, to insult Cabaret, Glee, The Hunger Games, or even the Careers.

And the obligatory closing:

May the odds be ever in your favor,
Riv


Oh, and HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!


PS: Those of you who were here last year may remember my April Fool's Roundup. I have a special post planned for Tuesday, so it will be on THURSDAY. (I know, a bit belated.) If you don't mind, please let me know of any book-related "updates" you discover! I'll be on the hunt, but I don't want to miss any good ones. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!