Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Beautiful Creatures & Darkness

Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, authors of the Incredible Gatlin County books, are giving away an ARC of Beautiful Darkness (The second one)
http://castergirls.com/beautiful-darkness-arc-giveaway/ 


WHY READ BC?
I'll be honest. When I first saw BC, I had doubts. I mean, "A secret meant to be kept"? Sounsd cliche, right?
Wrong. BC was incredible. No, it wasn't about vampires. The two authors write their debut novel from a boy's POV, and do it well. The book takes place in the south, and is not just fantasy, it incorporates Civil War history. And not in the dull falling-asleep-on-my-desk-when-is-this-history-lesson-over? way. It's fascinating and a must read for fantasy lovers.


********8 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!