Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Winning On Wednesday and Some Books to Come!

Well, today I'm going to be doing a bit of advertising xD
The peeps over at YA Highway are having contests!

Kirsten Hubbard, blogger over at Wandergirl, is giving away some pretty little moleskin journals.
http://www.kirstenhubbard.com/2010/05/prizes-prizes-prizes-omg-prizes.html

Michelle Schusterman is giving away Of ALL THE STUPID THINGS, an ARC!
http://michelleschusterman.com/2010/05/26/alert-alert-arc-giveaway/

Kristin D Miller of Long Distance Drive is giving away YOU WISH
http://www.kristindmiller.com/2010/05/you-wish.html

And, even more awesome, YA Highway, a group of YA authors, is giving away bunches of books, including LINGER; MOCKINGJAY; THE REPLACEMENT; books with journals; mysterious BEA packages  AND MORE!
http://www.yahighway.com/2010/05/yah-anniversary-giveaway-day-1-read.html


  • Since I owe you some reviews, I'll be jotting some stuff down later today, probably, and over the next few days.
  • Oh, and my trip (to DC, for those who forgot) was awesome. We got a day off school today because we're so beat. (Who actually sleeps on school trips?)
  • I'm going to be at the library later today, I think. Getting: LIGHTNING THIEF (Rick Riordan); SCRIBES FROM ALEXANDRIA (Caroline Lawrence); ELSEWHERE (Grabrielle Zevin); WILLOW (Julia Hoban); GODDESS BOOT CAMP (Tera Lynn Childs); and RAVENPAW'S PATH bk 2 (Erin Hunter). Reviews on most to come!

Current Song: Me, You, and My Medication by Boys Like Girls
Current Mood: Hungry and a bit jumpy

Peace!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!