Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Saturday, May 29, 2010

OMG and OH. MY. GODS.

*shrieks again

So I wasn't planning on reviewing Oh. MY. GODS. yet, but the occasions makes it necessary.
What occasion?  I know with my genius that you're thinking.
Well, it's an OMG moment right now. Because guess what wonderful ARC I won!
Three hints:
1) There's a counter for it on my page.
2) I mentioned it the other day on my book-to-movie list.
3) The world is desperate for it.
And (because I can't count), 4)There's a picture of it right here -->

YES I JUST WON AN ARC OF LINGER BY MAGGIE STIEFVATER.
*shrieks*
*continues shrieking*
I'll tell you this; I rarely shriek. When I won several book, I didn't shriek. When I won my iPod, I only OMG'ed. I got Linger and I shrieked. My mother nearly had a heart-attack. She said that she thought I had won this free summer camp thing. I said "Sorry. It's even better, just for me not you." (Okay, I didn't say that last part. )

Read on for my OH. MY. GODS. review.
*shrieks again*

Blurb-y:
When cross-country-running California girl Phoebe Castro finds out her mom is marrying a virtual stranger and moving them halfway around the world to Greece right before her senior year, she thinks her worst problem will be missing out on fun times with her two best friends. But when they arrive on Serfopoula, her new stepdad tells her that all the students at the Academy—the ultra-elite private school which happens to be the same one founded by Plato more than two thousand years ago—are all super-powerful descendants of the gods. Missing her friends is the least of her problems.

My Review:
In all honesty, I don't remember this book too well, but I'll do my best.
I really enjoyed this. It was funny with a cute ending. Definitely something you want to read a sequel of.
I love snarky main characters, and Phoebe pulled that off. I like the way her relationship develops with Griffin.
I did have a bit of a problem with the way her mother disappeared for a week and came back engaged. That just didn't make the least bit of sense.
I personally find Greek mythology very interesting; an added bonus to reading this book.
I'm keeping this review short today since I'm not sure what to say.
****4 stars

Current Song: Rose's Turn & Run Joey Run -Glee Cast version of both songs
Current Mood: Happy with the adrenaline pumping.

peace!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!