Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Friday, May 28, 2010

Looking Forward Friday


So, in honor of the Pretty Little Liars TV Show, I'm going to post some books that are turning into movies that I'm looking forward to...

1)Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl is going to be made into a movie. It's in the early stages of planning, currently. Unique features of Warner Bros. has the rights to it. Richard LaGravanese will write, and Erwinn Stoff will produce it. Here is the original article.

2)Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. Unique Features has the right to this movie too. Producers Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne are in charge of this one.

3) Hunger Games by Suzanna Collins. Lionsgate has aquired the filming rights. Nina Jacobson produces.




And some congratulations are in order...
I've been meaning to mention this, but I keep forgetting. As I'm sure you heard, the one and only Ms Elana Johnson's book, CONTROL ISSUES got signed. Unfortunately, I don't have the pleasure of knowing Elana personally, but I've heard she's a wonderful person, and very deservant of this. Congrats, Elana!

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully all three books will be awesome movies. If they get it right. And yes, it's awesome about Elana's book deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I'm SO excited for the "Pretty Little Liars" TV show! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see The Hunger Games as a movie. I wasn't a big fan of Beautiful Creatures, so I doubt I would see that one. I haven't read Shiver yet, but I just won a copy. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!