Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Fourth of July and an Important Message

Hey bloggy buds,
Well, first off, have a happy fourth of July, even though I didn't get a chance to post this until after midnight here in New York.
I was planning on writing a nice, cheery blog post on my first ever trip to the Strand and the barbecue my family had, but something more important came up. I'll talk about it tomorrow.
Around two short blocks away, a house had a fire in it. I went to watch, along with many others. There were around ten fire trucks working to put out the fire, and the top of the house was severely damaged. The fire started, maybe, an hour and a half ago. I went to watch. By now, it's under control I think, but I still see a firetruck outside my house and smell some smoke.
It's summer now. It's July Fourth weekend (well, it's over now, but not for partyers). It's very hot out. We all have our air-conditioners on full blast. There's a lot of electricity shooting around.
Be careful. Please.
Take precautions and be safe. Don't attach a timer to your AC. There's a lot of electricity running through those wires and if you plug it in to a timer the same way you plug in your lights, it could be a problem.
I feel bad for that family, and I don't want my bloggy buds to have a problem  like that.
Stay safe!

Peace,
RR

Current Music: Two is Better Than One by BLG
Current Mood: Tired, Excited, and Distressed (lots of mixed emotions)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!