Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Monday, July 12, 2010

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Mini-Contests

Hey Blogger buds,
So, a review for Infinite Days in coming as soon as my "wow"ing stage is finished. (It's been a while, but it was an awesome book!)
So today I'm going to do entries for the Once Upon a Read-a-Thon challenge! There are three mini-challenges today.

The first is hosted by the Eager Readers.
Part One: Your favorite fictional couple.
Sam ad Grace from the Wolves of Mercy Falls. Predictable of me, but they work together perfectly! And, one little detail, it describes Grace as "stoic" and Sam as "emotional." Not like a typical story where it's vice versa.
Part Two: Favorite crossover couple.
After coming up with Sam and Grace, I thought of other Maggie Stiefvater books, since I love her. I decided on James from Ballad, and Jenna from The Adoration of Jenna Fox. I'm only partly through Jenna Fox, so fans might be staring at this and tsk'ing,.

The second is hosted by Book Crazy.
I'm going to go with Wolves of Mercy Falls (again). The challenge is to pair it with a song or picture that reminds you of it. I'm going with Out Come the Wolves. I actually found this song through Maggie's blog.



And the third mini-challenge is hosted by I Just Wanna Sit Here and Read.
Now, I'm just posting this here for fun, even though I'm SUPPOSED to post it as a comment. You pick a chapter in a book you're reading/read during the Read-a-Thon, and choose music to match it, along with a book blurb, spoiler free.
Chapter 65 in Maximum Ride: Angel Experiment by James Patterson.Blurb: The flock is trying to escape from the School, with help from some old friends.
Good ol' fashioned Mission Impossible!


Peace,
RR

Current Music: Jump by Simple Plan
Current Mood: Hungry and Exhausted (life)




1 comment:

  1. How could I forget James?! I should have thought of someone perfect for him as I LOVE him! Ballad is probably my favorite book by her because of all his greatness! I saw that song on Maggies blog too and love it as well.
    Thanks so much for participating in the Read a Thon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!