Welcome! I'm Riv Re, teenager and aspiring author. I post Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Tuesdays are for book reviews; Thursdays are for a weekly meme called "Character Dolls," which showcases character depictions I made online; and on Sundays I just wing it.
This blog is for my writing misadventures, my reviews, ramblings, and rants. My favorite genre is fantasy, so expect a lot of the unusual.

Warning: I've got an awful sense of humor. Don't blame me if you keel up and die from reading the jokes I crack.
Notice: I hold no responsibility for any deaths caused by previously mentioned jokes.

Enjoy and happy reading!

Current Book Showcase-Starling by Lesley Livingston Trailer!
(What's Book Showcase? Click HERE!)

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Writing Rush, Contests and Comics! (oh, and packages)

Hello my blogging buddies!
Well, today is a writing day.
Meaning?
My arms and screaming at me to open up Microsoft Word and set them free.
First some back story.
Sometimes when I'm bored in class I'll write on my notes. Meaning: it could be anything from a time traveling paragraph* to scene from Eberheardt** to peoples' initials***, to a poem****. Today I wrote one little scene from Eberheardt. First period finished. Then I got bored during second period, so I pulled out a yellow legal pad thingy and began to write a battle scene. Now, this pad is, maybe, 8'5 (I'm probably way off). Splitting each line in half (more than twice as many words per line than usual!) I filled two pages, "just finishing the scene". Well, the scene, a very intense one, isn't finished.

I'm one of those people that, when they need to write, they feel it. Right now, the veins in my forearms and the muscles in my fingers are yelling at me. The veins is a weird thing. I get a weird feeling where I assume my veins are, and I need to write. Anyone else get like this?

No?

Anyone? Anywhere?

Guess not.


Anywho, I would never leave you like that. So, I've got two contests to speak of, and a comic.


And, I just remembered. I got a package today(!!!!!) Sorry, it's not Linger yet. I actually got 2 packages. I got If I Stay by Gayle Foreman, from the wonderful Candace of Candyland. And, my gorgeous TImex watch came from Gearloop on eBay. No pictures, but I'll try to get you an image from Timex. :)


Now, for the comic:
(click on it to see the cut-off part)
This is from xkcd, the hysterically funny webcomics posted every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It's definitely worth it to bookmark them! (And no, I have not been bribed to say that ;) )

Peace,
RR

Current Music: Honestly by Cartel//Follow You into the Dark by Death Cab for Cute (the 2nd song started while I was finishing up this post but after I posted Honestly)
Current Mood: Overtired and Writing Rush-filled. (I got 2 hours of sleep last night.)

*Done it. I might post it some time, if I can read it XD
**Done it several times
***You should see my 3rd period notes
****Can't recall doing it, but I'm sure people have.

DISCLAIMER:
I hold no responsibility for failed courses as a
result of following in my footsteps and writing during class.

1 comment:

  1. I have to commend you for the quality and quantity of content, as well as the creativity in your writing. I haven't seen content of this nature and caliber in some time, and I highly encourage you to continue doing what you've been doing! we also here to help with bus rental dubai Bus rental Bus rental in dubai Dubai Sightseeing bus rental with Driver staff transportation bus rental abu dhabi airport transfer bus rental sharjah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments! Feel free to link to your own blog, but no spamming!
I respond to comments via email, if you're attached to blogger. If you're not, I use blogger's "reply" feature!